T A L Modern Quilts are the work of artist Tessa Layzelle. Exploring narrative and painting, translation and transformation, Tessa creates once-made patchwork and appliqued compositions that are dyed, painted, quilted and finished by hand. With usefulness and use, the work will disappear and become part of the fabric of the everyday.
- The quilts are made in small collections.
- The design and construction work together to create an interesting and practical textile, built to last lifetimes. YES!
- Each piece is made to be used and can be interchangeable as a wall hanging, throw, bed quilt, cot quilt, rug or play mat.
- Each piece is named and comes with a fabric index card... Natural fabrics are used: cotton, linen and wool for durability and character gained with wear and wash.
- The works are always entirely quilted, appliqued and finished by hand. This is a time consuming, traditional, feminine method of working, HARK! Sing old songs for a new world.
- (Hand wash, dry flat)
Dohm Shop, Nottingham___
Wolf and Gypsy Vintage, Brighton___
Le Flair Vintage, (Online) Germany ___
BÖF shop, Copenhagen___
Please use the form below to contact me directly for queries, theories, sales and custom work big or small. I am currently based in York, UK.